Help with a Federal Agency

How to Obtain Assistance From My Office

1. Determine if you reside in Connecticut's 5th Congressional District

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules, and propriety dictate that each Member of Congress has the honor and responsibility to serve his or her own constituents. If you are not sure which Congressional district you live in, please visit the House of Representatives website to find your representative.

2. Determine if your issue is under the jurisdiction of a federal agency

If you are uncertain, please call (860)-223-8412 and a member of my staff will be happy to assist you.  If your particular issue does not fall under the jurisdiction of a federal agency, my staff will try to direct you to the appropriate non-federal agency or resources that may be helpful.

3. Fill out a casework privacy release form

Before my staff can advocate on your behalf, we need your permission. Please see the Authorization Forms below:

Authorization Form

The General Privacy Release Form may be filled out and signed electronically. The Immigration Privacy Release Form must be printed and signed.

Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.