Scheduler - Washington, DC
Congresswoman Jahana Hayes (CT-05) seeks a Scheduler in her Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have a positive attitude. This is not an entry level position and previous scheduling experience is preferred. Connecticut ties are a plus, but not required. Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the Member’s daily and long-term schedule in DC and in the district;
- Evaluating and responding to all incoming meeting and event requests;
- Booking travel;
- Coordinating logistics for events;
- Communicating key information regarding the schedule to staff;
- Working closely with the Member and Chief of Staff to ensure smooth daily operations, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested parties should email a concise cover letter including salary requirements, a resume, and two references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Full name – Scheduler. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Gold Star Fellow - Waterbury, CT
This position is limited to Gold Star Family members desiring to serve as a paid Congressional Aide for two-years in the U.S. House of Representatives Gold Star Family Program (aka Green & Gold Congressional Aide Program). Selected candidates will work directly for a Member of Congress as part of their office staff. Positions are located in Congressional District Offices around the country.
The Gold Star Family Program (aka Green & Gold Congressional Aide Program) was established to create employment opportunities for families of our fallen within the House of Representatives. These two-year positions provide Gold Star Families with experience and exposure to broaden career opportunities. Positions are available in congressional Member District Offices nationwide.
Duties will vary depending upon the specific requirements of each Member Office. Said duties may include, but are not limited to:
- working as a constituent services representative helping local constituents resolve issues with federal agencies;
- serving as a liaison to local Veterans Service Organizations (VSO);
- attending local events and meetings on behalf of your Member of Congress; and
- performing legislative work.
For application details: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/658120100